Fourteen months ago I was flipping through the channels one evening when I stumbled across TLC’s Extreme Couponing. I was amazed by the deals these everyday women were getting at the grocery store. I recall thinking to myself, “I’m a sharp gal and if they can do it, so can I!” It was then that another Coupon Diva was born….
I had become accustomed to doing the grocery shopping for my husband and myself. I fondly recall the $100+ shopping trips we would make on a weekly basis and still really feel as if we did not buy a lot of groceries. Of course I would look for sale items or select store brand products in an attempt to save some money. Never did the idea of coupons cross my mind. I still recall my first grocery transaction using my coupons. I really enjoyed the rush of seeing my total decrease as the cashier scanned each coupon and reviewing my percentile savings printed on my receipt.
I am by no means an “extreme couponer”. However, I have managed to maintain a consistent 50% -70% savings every time I shop at the grocery or drug store. I have even become pretty savvy on obtaining “free” or practically free items. I work hard to always have a full pantry, refrigerator and freezer. I stockpile EVERTHING from household items to bath/beauty products. I have also transcended my couponing into retail stores for clothing and shoes. I refuse to pay full price for ANYTHING that I know I can get a better deal on with a coupon. My passion for couponing is very contagious as I have managed to get many of my family members and friends involved in this rewarding hobby.
My general couponing tips...
Couponing is a great way for families to save money. Couponing has allowed me to save SO MUCH money in just a little over a year. My only regret is not couponing when I was in college! Grab your scissors and get ready to start saving…
I agree that this is ” A film that can save your life!”
Living in this land of opportunity it amazes me that our overall health is not the best when compared to other countries. Every minute someone dies from heart disease. It is the number one cause of death killing over 600,000 people a year despite the billions of dollars that are spent on cardiac treatment. Combined with cancer, heart disease kills over one million people every year in the land of red, white, and blue. I am persuaded that the diet is the most important subject that must be changed when one is looking at the top ailments in our country.
Some of the key points I have learned from this movie…
– Nations with high calcium intake should have low osteoporosis however we (America) are at the top of the list for hip fractures. They have found that the higher the calcium consumption, the higher the osteoporosis which is opposite from what the dairy industry has been teaching us. Milk is perfect for calves not for humans.
– Scientific evidence shows that plant based food is beneficial to human health while animal food…not so much.
– In 1978 a woman in Kenya was 82 times less likely to get breast cancer than one in the U.S. In 1958 Japan had 18 deaths in the entire nation from prostate cancer. In the same year the U.S (having a population twice as much at that time) had cases exceeding 14,000 when it came to death occurring from prostate cancer.
– The typical western diet destroys epithelial cells in your arteries and veins….but this can be reversed with a plant based diet.
– A lady with diabetes reversed her symptoms which allowed her pancreas to work perfectly. The other establishment that prescribed her diabetic medications wanted her to continue taking them even though she no longer needed them.
– The narrator of this film drastically improved numbers in his health that he had no idea were sky rocketing in the first place.
– A vegan athlete boxer/fighter with muscles!! Proof that you do not necessarily need meat.
– Why school lunches are the way they are
– A case were the USDA was sued (also lost case) due to having many financial relationships with the food industry. This violated many transparency laws.
– A lady named Ruth who reversed not only her breast cancer but also her arthritis, dandruff, and constipation.
– A firefighters statement…” over 70% of the callas are responding to medical emergencies involving heart disease, hypertension, type II diabetes, and rampant obesity.
Advocating plant-based nutrition, “Forks Over Knives” delivers a compelling argument against animal-based and processed foods. The research by Dr. T. Colin Campbell, a nutritional scientist from Cornell University, and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, a former top American surgeon forms the basic plot of this movie DVD. This documentary film makes it evident that controlling and even reversing degenerative diseases like, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and even several forms of cancer is possible through a plant-based diet. “Forks Over Knives” is based on remarkable discoveries through several groundbreaking health studies conducted by Dr. Campbell and Dr. Esselstyn through their careers. In this documentary film DVD real-life patients suffering from chronic conditions are educated about the benefits of adopting whole foods and plant-based diets. “Forks Over Knives” aims at battling the three leading causes of death – heart disease, cancer and stroke through a revolutionary new approach.
I love documentaries like these that give us a glimpse into what is really going on with the reality that we live in. Food is indeed a very important part of our lives and even I have to remember to keep the saying ” eat to live and don’t live to eat” in mind to live a more fruitful life in body, mind and overall heath. This film reminds me of the 1st chapter in the Book of Daniel of the Bible. Daniel had the opportunity to eat the kings finest meats when he was living in his community but refused and asked for pulse to eat and water to drink wanting them to examine and compare his health with all of the kings meat eaters. Verse 15 states that ” And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king’s meat”.
Biblical wisdom even tells us that meat is not necessary! Your body is the vessel in which you move upon this earth therefore making it one of the most treasured assets that you own. Focusing on the best will allow you to have the best.
– Sherry Lola Quadri
” The Doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.”
– Thomas Edison
Treasure your Value Assets..!
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”